Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Can you believe it? I didn't get a picture of our Thanksgiving dinner. Wow, I'm slacking. You'll have to imagine it. Just 4 of us this year. Me, Danny, Yeshi and Gloria, Danny's mom. This year I got smart and made just about everything ahead of time. On Monday I made all the potatoes and put them in foil pans in the freezer. Tuesday I made Cranberry dressing, Chocolate chip pumpkin bread and green beans. Cranberry dressing was really yummy - we usually don't have it but the recipe I used called for cloves, nutmeg and pineapple tidbits. Sounded good and it was. For the green beans I put fresh green beans in one of those ziploc steamer bags along with garlic, oregano and butter. Wednesday Kristjan baked The Cookies and I iced them. Gloria made cornbread stuffing so the only thing we had to do yesterday was cook the turkey, make gravy and warm everything else in the oven or microwave. Even the dishes weren't bad since I had used some of the foil pans and since we didn't have all the prep dishes to wash. Nice. We got to spend most of our time doing what's really important....watch football! Since I don't have a family picture for you here are some nature pictures from one of my recent walks around the neighborhood.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kyoto said...

The photos are just beautiful!!!!! Your dinner sounded so delicious - and the make ahead and freeze idea is great - think I will try that for Christmas!!!!

Anonymous said...

this blog seems to be all about the pictures you didn't get.